- 1 C Pureed Strawberries
- ¼-1/2 C Fresh local Cherries
- 1 C Frozen Apple Cider (local)
- ½ C Water
- 2-3 T local honey (to desired sweetness)
- Lime juice/lemon juice to taste
- Combine strawberry purée and apple cider concentrate in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Heat water and sugar/honey together in a small pot over medium heat, stirring just until sugar dissolves; add to bowl with strawberry-orange mixture.
- Stir in lime or lemon juice.
- De-pit fresh cherries. Wash well. Chop into small pieces and add to liquid mixture prior to pouring into molds.
- Fill popsicle molds with fruit mixture, making sure to leave a bit of room at the top for expansion when they freeze. Set the lids in place and insert the sticks through the holes. Alternately, fill small cups or empty yogurt tubs with the mixture, then stretch plastic wrap or foil across the top.
- Make a small incision in the top and insert a popsicle stick in each.
- Freeze until firmly set, 3 to 4 hours. To serve, first remove the lids or wrap then squeeze the sides of the molds, twisting them slightly, to dislodge each popsicle. (If necessary, rinse the outside of the molds briefly under hot water to unmold them.)
- Per serving (1 popsicle/100g-wt.): 110 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 25g total carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 22g sugar), 1g protein
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Fat Free